A bit late on my "Saturday" summary! We were in Bluffton this weekend for New Baby's "Sprinkle" so not much time to write. Happy MLK Day!
1. Loving: My new "do".....er.... I think I do, anyway. Good to have something different, I suppose!
3. Listening: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Written and read by Maya Angelou. Some books inspire you to write. Some books just astound you at the author's talent. This book makes me NOT want to write because I think this author has used every word in every beautiful way possible so there's nothing else to be said! Marvelous to listen to her voice.)
4. Cooking: This week I've managed just some old standby's - Beef vegetable soup and shepherd's pie. One pie went to our life group kickoff Thursday. What a crowd!
5. Making: Hmmmm..... not much this week really. No progress on BuJo. No crochet although I have TWO important projects with deadlines for two sweet girls I have got to work on!! I did have a couple of hours with A & T making snowflakes! There was a LOT of paper cutting and gluing going on!
6. Happenings: Best Buddy S had her second surgery this week. Expanders out and implants in. Overall it went well. Still in recovery mode. Check out her blog post here. College applications are still being finished. Exciting times! Plus this week was E's 24th birthday!! We'll be going to Richmond soon for a post-birthday weekend celebration.
7. Plus.... We spent most of the weekend in Bluffton for New Baby's "sprinkle." All five of us were together so that was good and these days doesn't happen too often with everyone going their own directions. So good to see L. The girl has loads of personality. Plus I had eight hours of driving/talking time with E which was very special. She had me laughing, laughing with blow-by-blow details of her recent trip to NYC with her boy Richie. Adventures!!
1. Loving: My new snazzy office clock. Christmas present to me! Found it on Etsy from Uncommon Handmade.
.2. Reading: Before the Fall (January Book & a Bottle book club selection)
3. Listening: A Hillbilly Elegy (Just finished. So, so good! If you are from a state like West Virginia or Louisiana, there's probably a lot you can relate to even if you aren't a "hillbilly." The author narrated and did a fabulous job.)
4. Cooking: This week I've managed to cook a pot of "Mexican" soup (involves beans, chicken, and zucchini) and a family favorite - balsamic roast with "mushy" potatoes, green beans, and broccoli.
5. Making: Inspired by Mary to make a bullet journal but still figuring out how to incorporate it into my morning/daily routine. Not sure if it will be for me or not. Also - doodled today a little wreath. : - )
6. Happening: Our grand-dog Annie went home last night. I'm afraid her mommy might find her a little heavier than she left her.... Grampy likes to give her treats. : - O
7. ....and of course....have to include some kid pics!!
It's been a good year in a lot of ways: babies, family, and friends..... Deployments safely ended, mission trips, birthdays, holidays.... beach trips, new houses, gatherings.... But still there were some tough things, too: health concerns, a parent with cancer, a best friend with cancer.... Looking back this morning, I have to just bow my head and thank God for His mercies. He is good. All the time. Trusting Him in 2017.