Yesterday started with a crimson sky and ended with lavender. I love the beach and how strongly I feel God's Presence here. Every year it is a time of refreshing for me. Here are some "beach thoughts" from this past week:
1. Life Rule: For the second year, S and I have started a new journal/planner at the beach - Sacred Ordinary Days. Part of the journal is thinking about your "Life Rule". Psalm 65:11b has spoken to me this week and I will be chewing on it as the basis of my rule for this next "year".
And here are some good words from a fellow traveler i'll be chewing on as I work on my rule.
2. Oh, the things I want to do! Mind, Body, Soul, Home, Work, Others, and Steward. These are my categories this year. And here's my monthly focus for each:
- Mind: Register and prepare for Knox class this fall.
- Body: Just move it. And put good stuff in it.
- Soul: Always quiet time.... Scripture, prayer.
- Home: Just one deliberate thing a day.
- Work: Don't let the day happen to me... Do two deliberate things every day.
- Others: Reach out to someone everyday.
- Steward: Track money with spreadsheet daily.
3. Creative things for this month:
- Complete drawings for Alphabet book!
- Finish Afghan
- Finish guest room decor/organization
- Start on master bedroom!!! Ack, it's so bad!
4. Family stuff:
- Mary to school!
- Wedding focus
- Grammy boxes
- Matt wellness
- Weekend with A&T!
That's all for now. I'm so good at making lists and not-so-good at execution!